1. Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc...) to maximize room revenue to meet/exceed goals.
2. Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
3. Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
4. Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
5. Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects.
1. Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
2. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience
Experience: One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities: Must possess communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
No. of employees supervised: No supervisory responsibility
Travel required: Local travel
Hours Required: Forty-Five to fifty hours over a five day period
Plan, solicit, book, and coordinate group room sales to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals.